As per tradition, the Queen Silvia Nursing Award will open up for applications from nursing talent from September 1 2020 onwards.
This year, the scholarship will be adjusted in response to the ongoing global COVID-19 crisis that continues to impact healthcare systems worldwide.
The Queen Silvia Nursing Award is proud to announce the following changes which we and our partners believe will shine a positive light on the valuable contributions nurses make to safeguard the wellbeing of societies.
- The scholarship is open to both student nurses and practicing nurses.
- The scholarship is available for both student nurses and practicing nurses in Sweden, Finland, Poland, Germany and Lithuania.
- The scholarship is themed on COVID-19 care in healthcare environments.
- The scholarship will consider both ideas or solutions that have been or could be implemented to address COVID-19 care in healthcare environments.
- Ideas or solutions that benefit the elderly or people with a dementia diagnosis is highly merited.
- Nomination of peers is encouraged, although only the nominated candidate would be considered for the scholarship.
Find out more about the 2020 COVID-19 theme with this press release.